Job description / Role
Business Development Director – Europe – Amsterdam
Linum Consult’s client is a major international company working within the renewable energy sector. They are currently in the process of expanding and are seeking a Business Development Director for Europe to be based in their office in Amsterdam.
• Identifying, securing, analysing and bringing to completion power sector investment opportunities, both locally in the Netherlands and across the wider European market
• Keeping abreast of current market players and trends, as well as regional and international developments in the power sector
• Ensuring that potential opportunities, leads, and contacts are communicated to and shared with the Chief Business
• Development Officer and the prospective investments align with the company’s overall Business Development Strategy
• Working closely with the CBDO, you will be responsible for all business development activities of the company taking place within your assigned region
• Liaising and networking with the main business partners to identify new opportunities
• Acting as the first point of contact with business partners
• Degree qualification in a relevant discipline from a recognised university, with a master’s degree in Business Administration
• At least 10-15 years’ experience, with 8 years in a similar role and within the energy/power industry
• Experience in developing, bidding, and winning SDE and SDE+ is essential, and any familiarity with SDE++ would be preferable
• Demonstrable history of sourcing and executing power sector investments in the Netherlands and other European countries, including leading all aspects of the transaction: deal structuring, commercial negotiations, financial valuations, technical aspects, EPC contracts, and an understanding of the legal aspects of the documentation
• Familiarity with permitting and zoning rules and regulations within the Netherlands is essential
• Displays a good understanding of the macro economic factors of the relevant geographic regions in which the company operates, and the global economic factors that could impact the company’s business
• Have a clear understanding of the European electricity markets, and of the evolving fuel mix and changing technologies, with resulting financial impacts on prospective investments and their future revenues
• Have a strong network with local Dutch developers, lenders, contractors/installers, and regulators
• Fluent in Dutch and English, with any other European language skills an advantage
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details online.
Key Demographic Requirements – applicants must be:
- Based in English Speaking Countries
- Minimum Years of Experience: 10
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.