Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021-2022-Brunei Government announced the Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship 2020-2021 for all international students to study for free in Brunei. Brunei Government Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that covers all educational expenses and also pays a monthly salary/stipend to international students as their living allowance.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021-2022
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
The classes for the winners of Brunei Government Scholarship 2021-2022 will begin from August or September 2021.
Brunei Government Scholarship Eligibility
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2020.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Brunei Government Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
The Brunei Government Darussalam scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Can you bring your family to Brunei if you win Brunei Government Scholarship?
A Brunei Government Scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
Can you work in Brunei while studying or on Brunei Student VISA?
A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.